Sunday, October 4, 2009

A new rise brings with it new revelations of olden dreams. The peace and tranquility of yesterday was disturbed by the grief and loneliness of last night, yet nothing harsh was done besides the spilling of a few words. I went about my quiet ways, in and out of social institutions without any new worries. There was that fifteen minute walk by the river that healed my conscience, it is the way to cope. Here, the sun is up again so fresh and infinitely glorious. Three hundred years from now will I still be existing in a form that can appreciate that? Probably not but when one tries to think of things of the future, like the year 3000, what are we actually thinking about? If we get excited by the news that in the year 2050 the world will have flying cars but we also know that we can't possibly expect to live till 2050 then why do we still get excited about it? There is no way we're going to be able to enjoy it and yet the fact is, we are excited by that news. We are moved into our dreams and we see the world as it is today and say, "pfftt... this is all gone by then. Things will be so different."
But they never are. Things are forever the same. We are different from 300 years ago and different from 1600 years ago but my life has seen no difference. My life has only seen its existence.

No comments:

About Me

I've stopped ageing after 20, by choice. I don't see any value in it. Age isn't a measure of time for me but of wisdom. In that regard, I hold a lot of respect for people much younger than me, in time, but who know and do so much more than me. I respect them and I yearn to learn from them.