Thursday, May 6, 2010

There really is nothing too fascinating about marriage. In fact, the entire tradition appears to be out of its time. It denies the progress or rather the recent changes which have resulted in modern thought. Thorough individuation of the individual has rendered the concept of sharing one's decisions with others meaningless. Traditions such as marriage are carried out as if in the motion and not necessarily because one finds something substantial in them. Individuation presents a reality which brings focus on the internal thoughts and makes them substantially valid. These internal thoughts then dictate that as long as they are validated then all necessities stop right there. Any other action for the sake of demonstrating the thought is unnecessary. And that which is unnecessary is lacking in substance, which in turn is lacking in meaning and purpose. Marriage falls under that category since internal thoughts sufficiently establish the union of two individuals. Thoughts alone are enough to demonstrate that the individuals share some belief allowing them to think of each other as an "us" rather than two separate MEs. The tradition of marriage does nothing besides this. Since individuation doesn't recognize the necessity of sharing unnecessary things with others or doing things for others, marriage is entirely rendered meaningless.

No comments:

About Me

I've stopped ageing after 20, by choice. I don't see any value in it. Age isn't a measure of time for me but of wisdom. In that regard, I hold a lot of respect for people much younger than me, in time, but who know and do so much more than me. I respect them and I yearn to learn from them.